Here is my shot for the Moon Animate Make-Up! project (moonanimate)
Due to the camera flashes, I didn’t want to add too many frames of animation - it was starting to look really hectic. In fact, I had more frames, for Mars and Jupiter in particular, but I pulled them near the end because it was just too much to look at!
I wanted to go for a serious style - the sort of thing I want to see from the new show! But at the same time, I couldn’t help but add in some silliness.
I’ve only ever done clean-up animation for a now-defunct iPhone game, so this was a new experience for me. Doing everything from start to finish was a lot of work, and I didn’t have a lot of time to spend on this, so I knocked it out in three days, and now I have to move on now. Ideally, I would have liked the motion of Venus’ hair to be even more dramatic, but oh well…!